POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray
Date: 14 Jun 2004 09:14:27
Message: <40cda4b3@news.povray.org>
Where would be a proper place to put all the
suggested .jar files in such a Knoppix distro ?

/usr/local/
/usr/share/
/usr/java/
/home/knoppix/

- or some other place ?

And what about the associated manuals and other
included stuff  ?

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jun 2004 09:30:02
Message: <cak934$v5k$1@chho.imagico.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Where would be a proper place to put all the
> suggested .jar files in such a Knoppix distro ?
>
> /usr/local/
> /usr/share/
> /usr/java/
> /home/knoppix/
>
> - or some other place ?

Don't know, but i'd always place a startup script into /usr/bin.

> And what about the associated manuals and other
> included stuff  ?

Supplementary files for a programs usually go into /usr/share/program-name/.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message