POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray : Re: Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 14 Jun 2004 18:35:12
Message: <40ce281f@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote:

> Now some questions:
>
> - Would anyone be interested in such a Knoppix CD ?

Yes I am.

> - Does anyone have suggestions for other resources
>    to put on it ?

If the version you are making comes with Wine, you can
include Anim8or (it's a windows freeware 3D program but
works fine with Wine, at least here with Suse 9.1)
http://www.anim8or.com

Kpovmodeler is a nice linux modeller for Povray
(very similar to Moray), it would be nice to have it.

QTPoveditor is a must (IMHO)

Talking about a converter, Suse comes with 3dto3d from
Thomas Baier, I don't if it's freeware though.
http://www.3dwin.com

Hope this helps.

Bye, and thank you for your efforts.

--