POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray : Re: Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 16 Jun 2004 23:19:56
Message: <40d10ddc$1@news.povray.org>
Txemi Jendrix wrote:
> Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Now some questions:
>>
>>- Would anyone be interested in such a Knoppix CD ?
>

> Yes I am.

Good !

>>- Does anyone have suggestions for other resources
>>   to put on it ?
>

> If the version you are making comes with Wine, you can
> include Anim8or (it's a windows freeware 3D program but
> works fine with Wine, at least here with Suse 9.1)
> http://www.anim8or.com

I'll look into this.

> Kpovmodeler is a nice linux modeller for Povray
> (very similar to Moray), it would be nice to have it.

> QTPoveditor is a must (IMHO)

Already working.

> Talking about a converter, Suse comes with 3dto3d from
> Thomas Baier, I don't if it's freeware though.
> http://www.3dwin.com

I installed SuSE 9.1 on a apre hd yesterday, and managed
to install the package for this converter. I doesn't seem
to be many files in the package, so maybe I could just
copy the files into the right places in the Knoppix file
three.

> Hope this helps.
> Bye, and thank you for your efforts.

Thank you for your feedback.