POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is anybody interested in beta testing JPatch (a 3d modeler)? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Is anybody interested in beta testing JPatch (a 3d modeler)? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Subject: Is anybody interested in beta testing JPatch (a 3d modeler)?
Date: 6 Jun 2004 07:40:37
Message: <40c302b5$1@news.povray.org>
I hope this isn't too off-topic :-)

I'm about to release a new version of my 3d modeler, JPatch (version
0.3), but before releasing a public beta I'd like to get some feedback
from peoble who've got expirence with sPatch, hamaPatch or
Animation:Master, and of course POV-Ray ;-)

JPatch is open source, written in Java (tested on Windows, Linux and OS
X), and can export to POV-Ray and RenderMan. The new (but yet "hidden")
homepage for the new version can be previewed here:
http://www.jpatch.com/new/

If you're interested, please register to the forum - up to date
information on how to download the latest development snapshot can be
found in the "Beta" forum.

Thanks a lot!
-Sascha Ledinsky

Post a reply to this message

One thing I'd like to do is to import a large handful of points in ASCII or
really in povray 3.5 SDL.  Then model away, having these points sitting out
there in space.  It would actually be the skeleton joints for my "blob
characters", only I'd instead be modelling with patches.

"Sascha Ledinsky" <sas### [at] opensyscoat> wrote in message
> I hope this isn't too off-topic :-)
>
> I'm about to release a new version of my 3d modeler, JPatch (version
> 0.3), but before releasing a public beta I'd like to get some feedback
> from peoble who've got expirence with sPatch, hamaPatch or
> Animation:Master, and of course POV-Ray ;-)
>
> JPatch is open source, written in Java (tested on Windows, Linux and OS
> X), and can export to POV-Ray and RenderMan. The new (but yet "hidden")
> homepage for the new version can be previewed here:
> http://www.jpatch.com/new/
>
> If you're interested, please register to the forum - up to date
> information on how to download the latest development snapshot can be
> found in the "Beta" forum.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> -Sascha Ledinsky

Post a reply to this message