POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is anybody interested in beta testing JPatch (a 3d modeler)? : Re: Is anybody interested in beta testing JPatch (a 3d modeler)? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is anybody interested in beta testing JPatch (a 3d modeler)?
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 10 Jun 2004 16:28:38
Message: <40c8c476$1@news.povray.org>
dear Sascha Ledinsky

well i found one undo that didn't work, the new button is not undoable
it only took me 2hrs to get the mesh in via multiple images in rotorscope

a feature that would be useful to me, would be too be able to 'hide' bits

explanation - i have a number of cross-sections as jpeg images
image1 as rotorscope in xy view, add a spline in great detail - ie the
max points i can have patience with
now extrude 'number of images' times along z
select 2nd extrude, set image2 as rotorscope
problem is selecting correct point - so i rescale in xy locking z
then i drag points to the new image outline
currently i try to keep the radial direction constant to avoid skewing
of the surface

being able to import other spt files would be nice, and being able to
specify an offset (x,y,z) even nicer

would it be possible to select a spline, in my case a cross-section,
and then further selecting a datum point for top point, select a second
point as a radial center, adjust the number of points in the spline ie
select a cross-section, further select the point on the center line and
enter NN (say 60), the spline is the sub-divided to provide 60 points
spaced at 6degres around the spline

being able to 'undisplay' the other extruded sections would be useful
and being able to 'hold constant plane' would be nice

i'm having a terminalogy problem with this, perhaps you understand what
i mean though

also it would be exceedingly useful to be able to import version 2 spt files
and maybe save as spt2 from v3 ?
(my logic is you probably already have most of the code :-)
as you've gone the xml route, would you consider importing paths from
gimp version 2, they save as svg(??) format

implementing that lot should keep you busy :-)
only if you think they're useful suggestions

stephen