POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Clouds Don't Cast Shadow Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Clouds Don't Cast Shadow (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: CFM
Subject: Clouds Don't Cast Shadow
Date: 12 May 2004 13:05:00
Message: <web.40a258ef66383bf31a36c3040@news.povray.org>
My POV-ray tutorial told me that if I wanted the sun created by the
sky_sphere command to emit an apparent shadow through clouds, I'd have to
make a really large sky_sphere with the proper texture,and put the
light_source outside the sky_sphere. How do I do that, since the tutorial
never told me? Here's the programming language below I used to create the
sky_sphere with the sun and clouds, but the clouds do not cast shadows.

#include "colors.inc"
#include "finish.inc"
camera {
  location <0,1,-10>
  look_at <0,4,0>
  angle 80
}
light_source {<0,1e4,10000>White scale 1300}
sphere {
  <0,2,0>,1
  pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>}
  finish {ambient .2 diffuse 0 reflection .6}
}
sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y