POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org (Message 31 to 40 of 40)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org
Date: 26 Apr 2004 18:16:32
Message: <cjameshuff-353145.18153026042004@news.povray.org>
In article <408d49c3@news.povray.org>, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

> "Felbrigg" <som### [at] microsoftcom> wrote in message
> > He joined the club...
>
>     ...some time ago now. He came here around two/three years ago and
> he posted what I thought were *really* good images AFAICR. I can only
> say that between then and recently, he changed attitude.

I think you are confusing him with someone else. When he first came
here, he started posting image after image, most of which didn't look
like he put any great effort into. Not simply inexperience with the
software, just plain shoddy work. That's not a problem with the server
admins, but he started posting dozens of images at a time, and chewing
people out for daring to comment on them. According to him, he was using
the server for *storage*, not as a place to post things for discussion.
When people objected, he refused to stop, on the grounds that the
povray.org server was a public place and he could do what he wanted on
it. He has started flame wars almost every time he posted. He was
eventually banned because of a single incident, but he had a long
history of inappropriate and antisocial behavior.

This isn't censorship, it's kicking out a rude and disruptive guest.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message