POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org : Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org
From: GreyBeard
Date: 27 Apr 2004 10:47:59
Message: <408e729f$1@news.povray.org>
news:408b936b$1@news.povray.org...
> Posted April 25, 2004
> ---------------------
>

> For the Public Record,
>
> It is with regret that this message serves as official notice that IMBJR's
> authorization to connect to news.povray.org has been revoked. This is a
> unanimously supported action on the part of the News Server Administration
> and was not done without considerable deliberation on our part.

This is excellent news.  The person in question has done nothing but attempt
to disrupt, posting in formats that are not yet generally supported, and
with materials, that fortunately I could not see because of this format,
while insisting that he has a right to post on what is in reality, a
privately owned server.  (Yes, I've read the entire thread.)  Chris has
every right to ban anyone he sees as being disruptive and generally
unacceptable.  As it was not his decision alone is all the more commendable.
This is one of the few graphics groups that you read not consisting mostly
of compliments to what are in many cases mediocre or less, images.

There is no censorship, only persons having the responsibility for
maintaining order in the group doing what they see as best for the group.

My support is with the admins.  If I want to see smut, I'll go to
renderotica.

Greybeard.