POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org : Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org
From: Tom Melly
Date: 27 Apr 2004 05:07:50
Message: <408e22e6$1@news.povray.org>
"pan" <pan### [at] syixcom> wrote in message news:408c6054@news.povray.org...
> How sad that news.povray.,org is now officially censored.
>
> Are there any existant forums not  subject to peculiar and
> religous censorship where artists may post their work without
> any fear of irrational opposition?

I think you're missing the point (as well as being absurd). "Are there... forums
...  where artists may post their work without any fear of irrational
opposition?" - Uh, well, yes, a few.. ;)

Speaking personally, I would have no objection to viewing images with extreme
sexual content (whether I want to view them is a different matter, but I
certainly don't object). However, these newsgroups are one of the places on the
internet where respect for other's opinions and standards is an implicit
responsibility of those using the groups. IMBJR not only refused to recognise
this, but deliberately, IMHO, subverted this understanding.

I am glad that there are many places on the internet where people may post w/o
restraint or consideration, but I'm also glad that there are places where one
may not. To demand that all public forums work w/o restraint is, IMHO, a more
serious act of suppression the banning of one arrogant troll.