POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recent postings to povray.binaries.images Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Recent postings to povray.binaries.images (Message 11 to 20 of 28)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Recent postings to povray.binaries.images
Date: 7 Apr 2004 00:26:35
Message: <407382fb@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

> There is however an inherent contradiction within section 2.   If there is
> free rein to post links to images of an explicit sexual nature,  this raises
> a few problems:
>
> i) the site is not a place for young people by virtue of the links
> themselves.

Children should not be using the internet without adult supervision anyway.
It is quite easy to give a child access to a news reading program while at
the same time limiting that child to an internet browser. That is my opinion.

> ii) the site is not a place for young people by virtue of the discussion of
> the explicit sexual content:  ah, the finish on that <body part> is wrong,
> the pose is insufficiently amorous 'cuz of <this or that>.
>
> Would this stuff be happening on a site for Rhino or Moray?

Greg,

Now matter how much we may wish otherwise, there is no way that we are going
to please all the people all the time. The best we can hope for is to find a middle
ground that will please the majority of the people participating here. It is our wish
that, with this policy, we have hit a happy medium. If we bend a few noses in the
process that is the price we are willing to pay. You should at least be happy that
we are being proactive on the issue of posting of sexually explicit materials on
this server. We cannot control what people post on their personal web sites nor
would we want to. We can and will control what people post here to the extent
necessary to serve our purposes. If discussions get out of control we will, if
necessary, jump in and ask that people tone it down to an appropriate level.
What we deem appropriate may differ from your interpretation of appropriate
and for that we apologize in advance. Not everyone shares your level of
Puritanism and that is the cross you yourself will have to bear alone.

Ken
News Admin.

Post a reply to this message