POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recent postings to povray.binaries.images : Re: Recent postings to povray.binaries.images Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recent postings to povray.binaries.images
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 7 Apr 2004 05:09:23
Message: <4073c543$1@news.povray.org>
> > Please clarify one point:
> >
> > Does posting links to adult imagery break these standards/rules?
>
> After discussing this with the rest of the server administration we feel
that this
> is in keeping with section 2 of the AUP and we will not object to an
appropriately
> worded message with a link provided to an off-site image. Please make sure
that
> you identify it as adult related material when you do. This will allow
others to decide
> if they wish to view material of that type at their own discretion.

Ken, just for the record:

3.) Please remember that POV-Ray appeals to a wide range of users
    from a global community. These people come from many different
    cultures, ethnic backgrounds, and religious beliefs that may
    differ from your own. We ask that you try to keep this in mind
    and not to post messages that may be considered inflammatory,
    critical, or abusive where others beliefs are concerned.

    Users of this news server may not post messages that could
    reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
    reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
    to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
    insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
    on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
    considered unacceptable.

This is straight from the "News Server acceptance policy" from
povray.announce.faq.

My question is: does "post" in this context only limit itself to "written
post", or does an image count as well, or a link to an image (which, to me,
all qualify as the same: there's a reference from here to the image/post)?
If you take a look at the latest image IMBJR has provided a link to... It
raises a level of disgust in me and others which I don't think is
appropriate. If new people come here and find that sort of stuff, I don't
expect this newsgroup to flourish and grow.

In accordance to the above quoted paragraph, there are already several here
who have voiced an oppinion against IMBJRs recent image parade. What I hope
for is that the News Admin has an eye on this and will take action if this
goes much further. Personally, I *do* feel offended by some of his images,
though not by religious beliefs like Greg.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"