POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recent postings to povray.binaries.images : Re: Recent postings to povray.binaries.images Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recent postings to povray.binaries.images
From: pan
Date: 8 Apr 2004 10:42:48
Message: <407564e8@news.povray.org>
news:407522ee@news.povray.org...
> IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote:
> > That "tasteless smut" was an example of quadtree traversal done entirely
in
> > POV. See one of the scene file groups for the code - since there seemed
> > be a number of doubters as to its provenance.
>
>   I don't believe Ken was in any way referring to *how* the image was
> done but about its *contents*.
>
>   Fighting with server administrators may be a good way to get you
> expelled, making you some kind of "martyr", but do you seriously think
> anyone is going to care?

Of course some people care, but the povray news server is private and the
issue of who cares about square pegs in round holes is moot.

At least this noisy issue has not been promoted to the level where submitted
images to p.b.i. must be approved by a pre-posting authority.

Concerns about the news server's google-reputation should also
comprise thoughtful contemplation about how the greater ratio of
complaints attract more attention than the relatively few so-called
"objectionable" images.

The clearer the constraints of the AUP, the better able potential
contributors to judge whether to submit. I have no idea if the admins
are reviewing the current AUP (easily available for viewing).
If there are any clarifications to the AUP (or changes) I'm sure there
will a new posting to p.a.f-a-q