POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking about J2K... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Thinking about J2K... (Message 26 to 35 of 45)
From: laurent artaud[AT]free fr
Subject: Re: Thinking about J2K...
Date: 10 Mar 2004 07:53:19
Message: <404f0fbf@news.povray.org>

> Please note that many modern function generators are indeed
> software "driven". I.e. a uP or a DSP generates the waveform
> which is then DA-converted and filtered.

I know.
But they are more expensive and for the test I was thinking about a full
analog one would be enough.

--
Laurent ARTAUD (lau### [at] freefr)

Post a reply to this message

From: laurent artaud[AT]free fr
Date: 10 Mar 2004 08:03:32
Message: <404f1224$1@news.povray.org>
> Yeah, I have software and hardware to play 24/96 from my PC, it's just I
> doubt my speakers could keep up [just looking], apparently they are
> down -3dB at 22kHz, so who knows what they'll be down to at 48kHz.

Well, if you have the software, try this:
- create a sin waveform at 20KHz and save it in a 16/44 format
- create a sin waveform at 20KHz and save it in a 24/96 format
- at 24/96, import the two audio files and compare them, the difference
should be obvious (if not, try it with 22KHz waveforms).
- if you want to have fun, sub the 24/96 by the 16/44 and play the
result (at 24/96). Depending of your ears and your hardware, you may be
able to hear the difference.

Regards,