POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking about J2K... : Re: Thinking about J2K... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thinking about J2K...
From: IMBJR
Date: 10 Mar 2004 16:03:29
Message: <3r0v40plqtci3ds7f2uuj5unvtd62umu87@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:18:28 +0100, "Ive" <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> wrote:

>> Everytime I boot up, my monitor dims as the colour profile kicks in.
>>

>I fear not. Photoshop installs a tool called "Adobe Gamma Loader"
>and I assume PaintShop does something similar.

I know. It's the Loader doing its job.

PSP has something similar when it starts - it's form of color
management - but I always found it too warm/yellow.

>Such tools do a reinitialization of the Gamma LUT to compensate
>the difference between the "real" physical gamma of the monitor
>and the Windows default gamma of 2.2 (this explains the change
>in brightness you may see) . Bus this has little to do with color
>management and nothing with ICM.

Really? You see this is what always confuses me. I still habe not
totally  fathomed out the differences in color management, profiles,
proofing etc.

>-Ive

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com