POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Story of the POV-Ray Logo Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  The Story of the POV-Ray Logo (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: ZeSly
Subject: Re: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo
Date: 28 Feb 2004 07:31:16
Message: <40408a14@news.povray.org>
There is my Rubic's cube here :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/rubiks-en.html

I submited this idea for a challenge to the french community but no one was
very enthousiast.

--
ZeSly
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/

Post a reply to this message

From: LightBeam
Date: 28 Feb 2004 09:12:55
Message: <4040a1e7$1@news.povray.org>

40408a14@news.povray.org...
> There is my Rubic's cube here :
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/rubiks-en.html
>
> I submited this idea for a challenge to the french community but no one
was
> very enthousiast.
>
> --
> ZeSly
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/

;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Galvin
Date: 28 Feb 2004 17:13:59
Message: <Xns949DAF4D672EDtomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
"Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in news:40405cef$1@news.povray.org:

> For information, POV-Ray 3.5 comes with an include file "logo.inc" which
> contains several versions of the POV-Ray Logo shape, which can be used
> as a starting point.

I would just add the above test to the end to your page.  Other than that
it looks good.

--
Tom
_________________________________

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Galvin
Date: 28 Feb 2004 17:18:09
Message: <Xns949DB00276E4Etomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote in

> "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in
>

>> For information, POV-Ray 3.5 comes with an include file "logo.inc"
>> which contains several versions of the POV-Ray Logo shape, which can
>> be used as a starting point.
>>

> I would just add the above test to the end to your page.  Other than
> that it looks good.

I meant "text"

--
Tom
_________________________________

Post a reply to this message

"Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> If enough such images are made, I'd be happy to make a page for them
> where they are showcased, complete with optional descriptions and links
> back to the artists' own websites. (I reserve right to not including
> images for whatever reasons.)

I presented a few variations when I originally devised the logo:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3930f25a%40news.povr
ay.org%3E/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C39b2e148%40news.povr
ay.org%3E/