POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Story of the POV-Ray Logo : Re: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo
From: Rune
Date: 1 Mar 2004 02:09:04
Message: <4042e190@news.povray.org>
Chris Colefax wrote:
> "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
>> If enough such images are made, I'd be happy to make
>> a page for them where they are showcased, complete
>> with optional descriptions and links back to the
>> artists' own websites. (I reserve right to not
>> including images for whatever reasons.)
>
> I presented a few variations when I originally devised
> the logo:

Two of them (plus a 2d-version) are already on this page:
http://runevision.com/misc/povraylogo/logodisplay/

As for the sky-one and the glow-one, I'd be happy to include them if you
could re-render them where the logo has its current official rotation.
(I can include the beach-one as it is, since it's already apparent in
that image that the camera-angle is not straight-on.)

Also, if you have any comments on the process of coming up with the
logo, or any other comments to the POV-Ray Logo or the POV-Ray Logo
Contest as seen from your point of view, I'd like to put them on the
page.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jan 29**