POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Story of the POV-Ray Logo : Re: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo
From: Rune
Date: 1 Mar 2004 10:39:01
Message: <40435915$1@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:22:33 +0100, ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
>> I would be happy to share it.
>
> I realized I had some more:

Hmm, the primary goal of these images were to write them with compact
code, and I think it is quite visible. They don't show off the logo as
well as they could have if it weren't for the artificial limitation in
code size.

Writing short code is fine for the Short Code Contest, but for creating
stunning images it's not very effective. I prefer stunning images of the
POV-Ray logo rather than less stunning images that happen to have a
short source code.

That being said, I think the image
http://www.povray.org/ftp/pub/short/short/ks0_800.JPG
is quite nice in its own merits.