POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Story of the POV-Ray Logo : Re: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo
From: ABX
Date: 1 Mar 2004 10:54:32
Message: <hnm640lcvqehv4h6bk33ltntrq8gnglu5u@4ax.com>
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:39:51 +0100, "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Writing short code is fine for the Short Code Contest ...

(sigs, you forgot writing for signatures ;-) )

> ... but for creating
> stunning images it's not very effective.

Of course, but on the other hand when you want to show power of some GUI you
just show how quickly you can reach desired result. Short code is the same for
scripts. All those short code writers just answer to qestion "how small amount
of high level command/primitives/programming constructions do you need to
achive some object". At least that's what I appreciate in short codes:
reaching simpified but existing objects. Astracts are nice too but somehow
less attractive since it's more kind of playing than reaching ;-)

ABX