POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : support for povray.poser forum? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  support for povray.poser forum? (Message 21 to 28 of 28)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: Re: support for povray.poser forum?
Date: 17 Jan 2004 20:02:37
Message: <4009db2d@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim.nikias (@) nolights.de> wrote in message
news:400820a0$1@news.povray.org...
> I'd say, why not make a more common group for external tools? Poser would
be
> one, but PoseRay, Spatch and several other programms are tools a fellow
> Pover might use as well, and making a general group for external tools
> sounds like a better idea to me than to have a certain group for a single
> external programm. OTOH, I don't know if a new, more general group
wouldn't
> be flooded with questions regarding all kinds of kinky little tools...

That works for me.  I think Christoph's idea of putting [poser] or [spatch]
in the subject header also makes a lot of sense.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 17 Jan 2004 20:06:19
Message: <4009dc0b@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote in message
news:zyH### [at] econymdemoncouk...

> But it may not be the only app of its kind for long. DAZ Studio is
> currently in pre-beta testing. I believe that DAZ decided to write their
> own application because they can't use Poser-5 due to the restrictive
> nature of its user licence.
>
> DAZ Studio may possibly find greater acceptance within the POV community
> because the full-beta version will be free to everyone. The current
> version is free to people who've paid to become members of the DAZ
> Platinum Club.

I thought about that as well, but I wanted someone else to actually suggest
the "and other 3rd party tools and utilities" aspect.  It sounds like that's
the direction that we're going.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com