POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : support for povray.poser forum? : Re: support for povray.poser forum? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: support for povray.poser forum?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 19 Jan 2004 06:08:15
Message: <400bba9f@news.povray.org>

news:400af77a@news.povray.org...

> If you feel moving around, deleting or renaming groups is a good idea,
I'll support
> that and add that now is the time to decide on what to do. I have to move
all the
> news groups to the new server so that would be an ideal opportunity. It's
going to
> happen in the next two or three days ... so you don't have long ;)

I don't know how heretic it is, but I'd be in favor of putting "binaries" at
the end (it's already the case for international.binaries) for all the
groups that have it on second level, and dropping "text" entirely.

povray.images.binaries
povray.animations
povray.animations.binaries
povray.scene-files
povray.scene-files.binaries
povray.tools
povray.tools.binaries (instead of binaries.utilities)

When I think of it, I suspect that the "binaries" term is not exactly clear
for users without a tech background. Wouldn't be "files" (binaries or not in
fact) preferable now (Web forums like the Yahoo groups use "files" for file
storage groups)? Likewise, the "text" term could be replaced by "discussion"
if necessary.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com