POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : support for povray.poser forum? : Re: support for povray.poser forum? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: support for povray.poser forum?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Jan 2004 16:15:38
Message: <400af77a@news.povray.org>
"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message news:4008A67A.C2FFEF8C@pacbell.net...

> Gilles Tran wrote:
> >

> > news:5pp### [at] tritonimagicode...
> >
> > > I think a common group for all 3rd party tools would be a good idea
> > > (povray.tools or povray.utilities).   This way it would be easier to
> > > adapt to tools becoming more popular and others less.
> >
> > povray.tools + the prefix gets my vote.
> >
> > There's a lot of intersection between these tools (Poser + Poseray for
> > instance) so keeping them all at the same place is a good idea.
>
> From a consistent hierarchy point of view I would think that povray.text.utilities
> would be a better fit. I have often thought it inconsistent that we had the
> povray.utilities.binaries group without the .text group for related discussions.

If you feel moving around, deleting or renaming groups is a good idea, I'll support
that and add that now is the time to decide on what to do. I have to move all the
news groups to the new server so that would be an ideal opportunity. It's going to
happen in the next two or three days ... so you don't have long ;)

-- Chris

BTW I think a poser group would be a good idea.