POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Back-raytracing for real Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Back-raytracing for real (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Jellby
Subject: Back-raytracing for real
Date: 10 May 2005 15:40:05
Message: <3kd7l2-o9c.ln1@badulaque.unex.es>
Many of you have probably seen this at slashdot,

Here is a physical technique to interchange the roles of a camera and a
light-source which is reminds me of how POV-Ray calculates the rays.

See the (maybe slashdotted) page:
http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/dual_photography/

download the 60MB movie and marvel at the card-trick at the end.

--
light_source{9+9*x,1}camera{orthographic look_at(1-y)/4angle 30location
9/4-z*4}light_source{-9*z,1}union{box{.9-z.1+x clipped_by{plane{2+y-4*x

Post a reply to this message