POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Back-raytracing for real : Re: Back-raytracing for real Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back-raytracing for real
From: scott
Date: 10 May 2005 17:18:16
Message: <42812518@news.povray.org>
> I'm not entirely convinced yet that this isn't a hoax, though -
> basically what they're suggesting is that through their techniques,
> you could reconstruct a hidden surface using the reflections off of
> a non-reflective surface, but I'm not totally convinced that that's
> possible given the dispersal of light.

That demo is *cool*.

I don't see why it isn't possible.  The projector is lighting one tiny
segment of the card at a time, if it hits a red bit, the book is going to be
lit with a red hue, very easy to pick up by the camera.  Once it's scanned
the whole card, it would be easy to build up the picture.