POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Back-raytracing for real : Re: Back-raytracing for real Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back-raytracing for real
From: Warp
Date: 10 May 2005 20:02:08
Message: <42814b80@news.povray.org>
> It is a regular MPEG-4 file,not even MPEG-4 Part 4 (aka H.264).

  I thought H.264 was part 10.

>  Probably
> anything that can play a modern Divx file can play it.

  How? I have tried everything.

  There's one good thing about the AVI format: The player does not need
to even know what is inside it. It just asks the system. If that mp4
file was embedded inside an AVI (instead of being on its own) I'm pretty
certain any of the players here would play it just fine.
  However, if that mp4 is a format all on its own (like eg. mpeg1 is),
then the player has to understand it, and every player which wants to
support it has to implement the support explicitly.

  (Note that I said "one". There are very bad things about the AVI
format. No need to remind me of that. :P )

--
                                                          - Warp