POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A good blurred reflection with bumps Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  A good blurred reflection with bumps (Message 11 to 20 of 38)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: A good blurred reflection with bumps
Date: 5 Jan 2004 15:17:26
Message: <3ff9c656$1@news.povray.org>

de news:3ff95bd4$1@news.povray.org...
> it would be maybe more usable. If I can propose a new feature, this
> would be it: object based AA. That way one could define high AA to very
> small detailed objects without affecting the whole scene.

For the record, this very feature exists in Cinema 4D (I'm compiling a list
of C4D vs POV-Ray features to be released soon): one defines AA at scene
level but each object can have a special tag attached that allows it to have
a higher AA quality (among other things that can be set at object level,
like radiosity). And yes, this is a big time saver (and an eye opener about
the type of optimisations that could be done in POV-Ray).

G.

--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

> > it would be maybe more usable. If I can propose a new feature, this
> > would be it: object based AA. That way one could define high AA to very
> > small detailed objects without affecting the whole scene.
>
> For the record, this very feature exists in Cinema 4D (I'm compiling a list
> of C4D vs POV-Ray features to be released soon): one defines AA at scene
> level but each object can have a special tag attached that allows it to have
> a higher AA quality (among other things that can be set at object level,
> like radiosity). And yes, this is a big time saver (and an eye opener about
> the type of optimisations that could be done in POV-Ray).

I made a patch with postprocessing based on the functions. Using functions
makes it possible to postprocess only selected selected parts of outputed
image. Mixing it with camera_view pigment I made or with projection pattern it
is possible to create selection with areas represented by views of object. In
other words it looks possible to do such effect with my patches thought I
would need some tests. Will post some images to p.b.i I hope, thought I think
first implementation will not be large time saver.

ABX

Post a reply to this message