POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Accuracy and unit choice? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Accuracy and unit choice? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Severi Salminen
Subject: Accuracy and unit choice?
Date: 12 Dec 2003 05:17:28
Message: <3fd995b8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Is it mentioned anywhere in the docs how much the chosen scale affects
accuracy? I am doing a simple room modeling and chosen an expected scale
of 1 unit = 1 metre. I get a few artifacts  and it looks like if I
multiply everything by 10 or 100 it can get rid of those. The smallest
objects in my scene have dimension of about 0.005 units.

So what is the preferred scale or the smallest preferable dimension? How
can one ensure that POV-Ray can be the most accurate?

Severi Salminen