POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Accuracy and unit choice? : Re: Accuracy and unit choice? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Accuracy and unit choice?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 12 Dec 2003 11:54:15
Message: <3fd9f2b7@news.povray.org>
"Severi Salminen" <sev### [at] NOT_THISsibafi> wrote in message

> In my opinion this is something that should be mentioned in the
> documents (if it is: good, then forget this) - if any rule of thumb can
> be given in this matter. People might spend too much time searching
> coincident surfaces when the problem is somewhere else.

for a similiar type of problem, try (modify the plane's translation to, say,
0.002, to fix it):

#version 3.5;

#include "colors.inc"

camera {
  location  <0.0, 1.0, -5.0>
  look_at   <0.0, 1.0,  0.0>
}

plane{y,-0.001 pigment{checker pigment{Black}, pigment{White}}}

sphere{0,1
  translate y*1
  pigment{rgbt 1}
}