POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : selecting several thousand lines in pov file Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  selecting several thousand lines in pov file (Message 16 to 25 of 35)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file
Date: 17 Sep 2003 08:00:35
Message: <3f684ce3@news.povray.org>
Warp,
It is not possible to highlight text and use the scrollbar at the same time.
Steve

> Steve Shelby <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote:
> > That's what I'm doing now. The problem is that it takes 5-10 minutes to
> > scroll down that many lines.
>
>   If you grab the scrollbar at the right and drag it down, it shouldn't
> take too much. That's what the scrollbar is for.
>
> --
> #macro M(A,N,D,L)plane{-z,-9pigment{mandel L*9translate N color_map{[0rgb
x]
> [1rgb 9]}scale<D,D*3D>*1e3}rotate y*A*8}#end M(-3<1.206434.28623>70,7)M(
> -1<.7438.1795>1,20)M(1<.77595.13699>30,20)M(3<.75923.07145>80,99)// -
Warp -

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 17 Sep 2003 08:29:22
Message: <3f6853a2@news.povray.org>
ABX,
I tried what you suggested, and it deletes everything else in the pov file
except for lines 8605 through 17361. Not exactly what I had in mind.
Steve

"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:40:25 +0200, ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
> > You can do this in general way applying method like in... CSG object.
> > Applying intersection can be replaced with applying difference if you
> > understand what I mean :-)
>
> In case you didn't here is sequence of keys needed to cut lines from 8605
> 17361 within POV-Ray for Windows editor assuming your file is open and
active

> Ctrl+G
>       8
>        6