POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panorama freewares ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:10:07 EDT (-0400)
  QTVR panorama freewares ? (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: QTVR panorama freewares ?
Date: 25 Jun 2003 14:54:38
Message: <3ef9efee$1@news.povray.org>
I just wanted to test the qtvrpanorama.pov file in the qtvr directory and a
few annoying things came up :
- first, the "Make QTVR Panorama" free converter described in the file only
exists for MacOS http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/.
It looks that the only way to do this on a non-Mac platform is to buy the
400$ QTVR authoring studio...
- second, I cannot find any freeware or shareware app that allows to turn a

QTVR support is either absent or paying).

I know there are other panorama viewers (java-based particularly) but before
I try them I would like to be sure that it is presently impossible to create
QTVR images - or at least QT panorama images - with free tools on another
platform than MacOS. Any idea or advice ?

G.

--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

I know a piece of software which might help a little. Go to the 'panorama
tools' website at http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/. As far as I know
it's is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are able to view
panoramic images with it.

Koos

"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message
> I just wanted to test the qtvrpanorama.pov file in the qtvr directory and
> few annoying things came up :
> - first, the "Make QTVR Panorama" free converter described in the file
only
> exists for MacOS
http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/.
> It looks that the only way to do this on a non-Mac platform is to buy the
> 400$ QTVR authoring studio...
> - second, I cannot find any freeware or shareware app that allows to turn

> QTVR support is either absent or paying).
>
> I know there are other panorama viewers (java-based particularly) but
before
> I try them I would like to be sure that it is presently impossible to
create
> QTVR images - or at least QT panorama images - with free tools on another
> platform than MacOS. Any idea or advice ?
>
> G.

Post a reply to this message