POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panorama freewares ? : Re: QTVR panorama freewares ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTVR panorama freewares ?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Jun 2003 12:58:14
Message: <3efb2626@news.povray.org>

3efb0572@news.povray.org...

> Why do you think QT is better than a applet like PTviewer?

I don't think it's better, but it's certainly more mainstream and I like the
idea of having standalone files that I (and the user) can play outside the
webpage. Also, my experiences with free java applets haven't been all
successful. I noted that the main PT page had been down for a while, which
is never a good sign in my book when it comes to choose a technology.

After some digging in Google and in my computer junk, I retrieved a now dead
piece of software called Spin Panorama (hidden in my Epson 750 installation
pack) that creates QTVR cylindrical panoramas. Still, I may end up using
PTviewer anyway as it supports more projection modes.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com