POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PowerMac G5 implications Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:05:36 EDT (-0400)
  PowerMac G5 implications (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Ray Gardener
Subject: PowerMac G5 implications
Date: 24 Jun 2003 02:08:49
Message: <3ef7eaf1$1@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if anyone had or is planning
to collect MacPOV benchmarks on the new PowerMac G5.
Apparently the floating-point performance is exceptional.

Also, since the physical address space is up
to four terabytes, how complex a POV scene could be
(assuming a 64-bit OS X port).

Ray Gardener
Daylon Graphics Ltd.
"Heightfield modeling perfected"