POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  OpenGL preview in POV-Ray (Message 19 to 28 of 38)
From: Ray Gardener
Subject: OpenGL patch binary
Date: 8 Jun 2003 15:45:37
Message: <3ee39261$1@news.povray.org>
>   How about providing a binary for those (like me) who don't have any
> compiler in Windows (which is pretty common)?

Okay; should be up later today.

Ray

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray
Date: 10 Jun 2003 09:02:16
Message: <ajlbevklqicrqo7h020a1tmkaneqp64udb@4ax.com>
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 01:01:56 -0700, "Ray Gardener"
<ray### [at] daylongraphicscom> wrote:

>As part of the scanline research, I've got
>OpenGL wireframe previewing starting to
>work in POV-Ray.

Great work! To be honest, though I've never doubted your programming
skills (I used to play with Leveller when it was around 0.998314b :)
), I thought it would take quite more time to come up with anything
positive. I'm impressed.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

> Great work! To be honest, though I've never doubted your programming
> skills (I used to play with Leveller when it was around 0.998314b :)
> ), I thought it would take quite more time to come up with anything
> positive. I'm impressed.

Thanks.  I guess all that experience paid off. :)

I was also thinking that previews could be quickly raytraced,
if the parser had an option to ignore all object texture/pigment/finish
attributes and make them all flat diffuse.

Ray

Post a reply to this message

 "Ray Gardener" <ray### [at] daylongraphicscom> wrote:

> I was also thinking that previews could be quickly raytraced,
> if the parser had an option to ignore all object texture/pigment/finish
> attributes and make them all flat diffuse.

You mean like the quality option?
http://povray.org/documentation/view/132/#s05_02_06_01

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3ee6285d$1@news.povray.org>,
>  "Ray Gardener" <ray### [at] daylongraphicscom> wrote:
>
> > I was also thinking that previews could be quickly raytraced,
> > if the parser had an option to ignore all object texture/pigment/finish
> > attributes and make them all flat diffuse.
>
> You mean like the quality option?
> http://povray.org/documentation/view/132/#s05_02_06_01
>
> --
> Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
> POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
> http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message