POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtualight Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Virtualight (Message 1 to 10 of 38)
From: Daniel Ngu
Subject: Virtualight
Date: 23 May 2003 08:10:04
Message: <web.3ece0dd2f0f17591d68c64370@news.povray.org>
Hi,
   I'm Daniel Ngu from New Zealand.  I'm a new user of POVRay and I'm a huge
fan.  It opened up new doors for me and let me in to a whole new universe.
I just spent these couple of days going through the tutorials in the help
menu, trying to learn to use POVRay and its language.  I'm also checking
out other free raytracing programs out there, one that I'm also very
interested in is Virtualight.  Since I'm a new comer, would you please let
me know if you had tried out Virtualight as well and what you think of it
and how it differs from POVRay.  This is not meant to be critical, just
educational and from analytical standpoint.
   I have been going through the Virtualight's manual, one note I'll like to
make is how similar its language is to POVRay.  I could interchange the
source file between the two renderer pretty well.  However, there are times
that I found Virtualight do provide features that are more readily
available,
such as the use of sunlight as a light source.  How do I achieve the same
effect in POVRay?

Daniel.

Post a reply to this message