POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug: final_frame not working as described in docs... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Bug: final_frame not working as described in docs... (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Bug: final_frame not working as described in docs...
Date: 2 Apr 2003 09:29:44
Message: <3e8af3d8$1@news.povray.org>
In the docs, it says following:
6.1.3.4.2
final_frame
This identifier reads the value set through the INI file option
Final_Frame=n or the command-line switch +KFFn.

But, in effect, final_frame returns the last frame rendered.
For example this:
+KFI1 +KFF150 +EF19

would return 19 for final_frame, instead of 150.

Is this behaviour correct and described wrong in the docs, or
the behaviour wrong and described correct in the docs?

I'm using POV-Ray for Windows 3.5, on Win98, 1.4GHz Athlon, 768 MB RAM.

Any confirmations?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

Post a reply to this message

#debug concat("final_frame:",str(final_frame,0,0),"\n")

Put the comment into the commandline.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

> In the docs, it says following:
> 6.1.3.4.2
> final_frame
> This identifier reads the value set through the INI file option
> Final_Frame=n or the command-line switch +KFFn.
>
> But, in effect, final_frame returns the last frame rendered.
> For example this:
> +KFI1 +KFF150 +EF19
>
> would return 19 for final_frame, instead of 150.
>
> Is this behaviour correct and described wrong in the docs, or
> the behaviour wrong and described correct in the docs?
>
> I'm using POV-Ray for Windows 3.5, on Win98, 1.4GHz Athlon, 768 MB RAM.
>
> Any confirmations?
>

> --
> Tim Nikias v2.0
> Homepage: http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights