POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Meaning of rgbft? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Meaning of rgbft? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Micha Riser
Subject: Meaning of rgbft?
Date: 14 Feb 2003 09:30:10
Message: <3e4cfd71@news.povray.org>
I can imagine what it means if there is only filter and only transparency
defined at some point of the surface -- but what is the meaning if both
are?

That is given
P: a point on a surface
f: filter value at P
t: transparency at P
l: colour that would be the result from enlighting the point if t were zero
o: colour that is "coming from the other side of the surface", e.g. would be
the result if t=1 and f=0

what is the formula function(f,t,l,o) for calculating the resulting colour
in P? Anybody?

- Micha

--
POV-Ray Objects Collection: http://objects.povworld.org

Post a reply to this message

> l: colour that would be the result from enlighting the point if t were
> zero
> o: colour that is "coming from the other side of the surface", e.g.
> would be the result if t=1 and f=0

I forgot one variable
p: rgb colour of pigment at point P

for f=0 I would suggest (quite sure about this):
 resultingcolour = (1-t)*l + t*o

and for t=1 my guess is something like
 resultingcolour = f*(p*o) + (1-f)*o

where '*' is the componentwise multiplication