POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Meaning of rgbft? : Re: Meaning of rgbft? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meaning of rgbft?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 14 Feb 2003 12:29:11
Message: <3e4d2767$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3e4d2430@news.povray.org...

>   This is what I have wondered as well.

<snip>

seems to be a common trend at the moment - I fell asleep last night pondering on
this (ykybrtlw). I wasn't helped by what seemed a rather ambiguous statement in
the docs concerning filter (6.1.5):

"The color of the object is subtracted from the light passing through so this is
called subtractive transparency."

Does this sound right? It sounds as though rgbf<1,0,0,1> would subtract the red,
but allow the green and blue through, which, afaik, is not the case (or have I
just gone mad?).