POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d splines with uniform intervals ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  3d splines with uniform intervals ??? (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Mike E
Subject: 3d splines with uniform intervals ???
Date: 12 Jan 2003 11:25:06
Message: <web.3e21957b8d140aa98a0521b50@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know how I can make a 3d spline in POV 3.5 that allows the
spline parameter (ie. distance along spline) to be completely evenly spaced
along the length of the spline. This was standard using the MegaPov
splines, which defined the total spline length as between 0 and 1.

It seems to me that assigning individual t-values to pts on the spline will
invariably prevent smooth motion along a spline (as in the POV example file
splinefollow.pov).

Thanks in advance.
Mike E.

Post a reply to this message