POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d splines with uniform intervals ??? : Re: 3d splines with uniform intervals ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d splines with uniform intervals ???
From: Mike E
Date: 12 Jan 2003 23:15:04
Message: <web.3e223c736e508e7a130c700f0@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <web.3e21957b8d140aa98a0521b50[at]news.povray.org>,
>
>It would be possible to make a macro that builds a new spline with
>constant "speed" from an existing spline or from an array of points,
>though. I have done experiments with this in the past. Or it could be
>patched directly into the spline feature for convenience and speed, but
>it isn't necessary.

I'm interested in your statement, "it isn't necessary". Is there something
simple that I am missing? How would you move something along a spline at a
constant speed? A real world example for instance - in the Pov3.5 example
file "splinefollow.pov", how could I make the planes move around that spline
at a constant speed?

Thanks for your quick response
Mike E.