POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d splines with uniform intervals ??? : Re: 3d splines with uniform intervals ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d splines with uniform intervals ???
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Jan 2003 13:18:28
Message: <cjameshuff-4E03CC.13075812012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3e21957b8d140aa98a0521b50@news.povray.org>,
 "Mike E." <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>  This was standard using the MegaPov
> splines, which defined the total spline length as between 0 and 1.

No it wasn't. As far as I can recall, it wasn't even the case with the
other spline patch, the buggy one with the ugly syntax that didn't get
into 3.5. You are probably thinking of Chris Colefax's spline include.

It would be possible to make a macro that builds a new spline with
constant "speed" from an existing spline or from an array of points,
though. I have done experiments with this in the past. Or it could be
patched directly into the spline feature for convenience and speed, but
it isn't necessary.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/