POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star Filled Sky Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Star Filled Sky (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: James Gray
Subject: Star Filled Sky
Date: 15 Nov 2002 15:50:52
Message: <junk-1511021450530001@ip68-97-75-252.ok.ok.cox.net>
Okay, I'm trying to add a night sky to my scene and I'm running into two
problems.  First, here's what I have:

sky_sphere {
   pigment {
      granite
      color_map {
         [0    color Black]
         [.08  color Black]
         [.1 color White]
         [.1 color Black]
      }
      warp { turbulence 1 }
      scale .1
      frequency 2
   }
}

Problem number one.  I really like the look of this, but I really want
about 1/10th of the stars that are in here.  I've tried messing with scale
and frequency, but I just haven't found the right way to make the stars
appear less frequently in the pattern.

Prolem number two.  My scene has plenty of ugly jaggies and thus really
needs anti-aliasing.  Unfortunately, when I trace with that, at any of the
different settings I've tried, I turn the above starfield into a solid
black sky.  Is there no way to have both?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.  I've still got buckets to learn
about tracing.

James

Post a reply to this message