POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star Filled Sky : Re: Star Filled Sky Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Filled Sky
From: =Bob=
Date: 15 Nov 2002 18:21:01
Message: <3dd5815d$1@news.povray.org>
"James Gray" <jun### [at] grayproductionsnet> wrote in message
news:jun### [at] ip68-97-75-252okokcoxnet...

[deletions]

: Prolem number two.  My scene has plenty of ugly jaggies and thus really
: needs anti-aliasing.  Unfortunately, when I trace with that, at any of the
: different settings I've tried, I turn the above starfield into a solid
: black sky.  Is there no way to have both? -- James

I've encountered the same problems. I solved it in a two
step process. First I rendered the star field on a black
background. Then I rendered my foreground without the star
field on a black background, then OR the foreground onto
the background. I did this in a small animation once and it
looked very nice.
=Bob=