POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Explaining for you anisotropic scattering Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Explaining for you anisotropic scattering (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Hugo
Subject: Explaining for you anisotropic scattering
Date: 10 Nov 2002 16:11:45
Message: <3dcecb91@news.povray.org>
I thought some of you might like to know more about, what anisotropic
scattering really is, so I'll share this link with you:

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/aniso_ref/aniso_ref.htm

I found it very useful, though be prepared to read a little about 3dsMAX and
Brazil as well.. (bad!)

Regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message

> I thought some of you might like to know more about, what anisotropic
> scattering really is, so I'll share this link with you:
>
> http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/aniso_ref/aniso_ref.htm
>
> I found it very useful, though be prepared to read a little about 3dsMAX
and
> Brazil as well.. (bad!)
>
> Regards,
> Hugo

Did I miss something?
The page is about anisotropic reflections. I got the impression from message
that it was about scattering media.

--
-Jide

Post a reply to this message

>I thought some of you might like to know more about, what anisotropic
>scattering really is, so I'll share this link with you:
>
>http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/aniso_ref/aniso_ref.htm
>
>I found it very useful, though be prepared to read a little about 3dsMAX and
>Brazil as well.. (bad!)
>
>Regards,
>Hugo

Hugo,
It was educational.  Is there a texture option for this in POV-RAY?  For
example, if I wanted a brushed metal effect.
Thanks
Tony
xen### [at] xenomechanicscom

Post a reply to this message