POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing (Message 21 to 30 of 51)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing
Date: 29 Oct 2002 13:39:06
Message: <gdltru4i5vlqqotkrba7v1j9durvf8pviv@4ax.com>
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:51:19 +0100, "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>I guess you meant "lawyer", cause "laying" someone
>is a totally different matter... ;-)

He did that a lot, too :))

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 29 Oct 2002 15:27:34
Message: <3DBEEF46.3070401@starman.ee>
Peter Popov wrote:
> Larry Gritz is hardly just someone at Pixar, he is the author of the
> Renderman shading language. Without him, Pixar would have been nowhere
> near where they are today.

Are you sure (about being author of SL)? He joined Pixar 1995 (according
to ARM), but notes about SL could be found in SIGGRAPH 90 notes. Of
course he was one of main authors of new RM specification and one of the
most influential contributors in CG.

Vahur,
in a mood of nitpicking :-)

Post a reply to this message