POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing : Re: Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 1 Nov 2002 08:22:31
Message: <3dc28017@news.povray.org>
Hey,
thats a good chance to bring up a sentence from a person who is big in the
world of software.
Between those who have knowledge about programing he is like the himalaya
between the mountains ...

Donald KNUTH

He said something like that "Computer software algorhytms are like
mathematical laws.
                                           They do not get created by
someone. Someone finds out that they work.
                                           How can you get the owner of a
natural law ?"

And one thing we should not forget about his TEX and MetaFONT is:
    He pays $$ to anyone who finds a bug in one of his programm.
    Ask "big Bill" to do that ...

(Hope my english is good enough for that).

--Theo

Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering on all CPU's you have.
With SMPOV und POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at:
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm