POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline object: what is it? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Spline object: what is it? (Message 29 to 38 of 38)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Spline object: what is it?
Date: 19 Sep 2002 17:14:46
Message: <3d8a3e46@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> The output will be identical. It is just that the built-in feature will
> always get the vertices right, while your duplicate-removal code might
> have a bug.

  It's often the case that you can build the mesh without creating
duplicate vertex points at all. This way you don't have to remove anything.
  For example, if you make a box using mesh2, you simply create 8 points
in the vertex list and then use their index values in the faces list.
Similarly for more advanced shapes, usually created using loops (such
as cylinders, spheres, etc).