POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Go ahead and tell me Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:37 EDT (-0400)
  Go ahead and tell me (Message 21 to 30 of 34)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Dave Dunn
Subject: Re: Go ahead and tell me
Date: 10 Mar 2002 18:59:06
Message: <3C8BF31B.79CEE149@aol.com>
Tom Melly wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what other raytracers (free or otherwise) support
> direct scripting to the extent of pov?

The only one IMO that only comes close is Virtualight, which is more of a GI
renderer than full-featured package, although it does support nurbs and has a
few neat features like refraction blurr and blinn shading. The quality is
roughly equivalent to POV, but, after 8 years of POV-Ray, I'm not about to
dive in and learn another SDL, especially with all the new 3.5 toys to play
with.

Post a reply to this message