POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  looking for antialiasing critical scenes (Message 51 to 58 of 58)
From: Ben Chambers
Subject: Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
Date: 24 Feb 2002 21:36:05
Message: <3c79a315@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote in message news:8JT### [at] lzernet...
> > If you really wanted to, you could make each star between 1/2 - 3 pixels
> on
> > a 640x480 screen, and use media-filled spheres instead of plain white
dots,
> > to give a nice glowing effect that wouldn't look bad on higher
resolutions

> that _IS_ cheating ...
> ... just to have the AA work the way you want ...

But wouldn't it be cool to have several thousand media filled spheres added
to your scene? :)

...Chambers

---

From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 24 Feb 2002 23:30:31
Message: <MPG.16e3d37234e29ca89896e4@news.povray.org>
In article <3c79887d@news.povray.org>, run### [at] mobilixnetdk
says...

> But what if you have a pattern with two colors - black and an extremely
> bright white - and the pattern is aliased... What will your version of
> antialiasing do about it? Nothing!

If somebody wants such a bright object in his scene, he'll need some kind
glowing effect (wich will hide the aliasing) around it or it won't look
right anyway.

Lutz-Peter

Post a reply to this message