POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
From: Rune
Date: 25 Feb 2002 12:07:46
Message: <3c7a6f62@news.povray.org>
"Lutz-Peter Hooge" wrote:
> If somebody wants such a bright object in his scene,
> he'll need some kind glowing effect

No he don't. I have made scenes with very bright object where I wanted
antialiasing but no glowing. I don't need glowing just because you say so.

> or it won't look right anyway.

You don't define what looks right or wrong. When bright objects glow it's
actually caused by focal blurring or something similar, but I have scenes
where I don't want such a glow. Things shouldn't glow unless I tell them to.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)