POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture + diffuse Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:00:26 EDT (-0400)
  texture + diffuse (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Felix Wiemann
Subject: texture + diffuse
Date: 28 Jan 2002 06:26:03
Message: <3c55354b$1@news.povray.org>
When I use a stone texture and change the diffuse value, only one
element of the texture is changed:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "stones.inc"
camera{location z*-2}
light_source{z*-2 rgb 1}

plane
   {
   z, 0
   texture
      {
      T_Stone25
      }
   finish
      {
      diffuse 2
      }
   }

Why isn't the whole texture changed? What can I do to change the
diffuse value of the whole texture?
I use POV-Ray 3.5.

Felix Wiemann

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: texture + diffuse
Date: 28 Jan 2002 06:51:49
Message: <bjea5u4jes3c0fr5ndhp88l3hon5f6hg53@4ax.com>
>Why isn't the whole texture changed? What can I do to change the
>diffuse value of the whole texture?
>I use POV-Ray 3.5.

plane {
  z, 0
  texture {
    T_Stone25
    diffuse 2
  }
}

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

From: Hugo
Date: 28 Jan 2002 08:45:50
Message: <3c55560e$1@news.povray.org>
Huh?  That's not logic!

Hugo

> plane {
>   z, 0
>   texture {
>     T_Stone25
>     diffuse 2
>   }
> }

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 28 Jan 2002 09:16:21
Message: <3c555d35@news.povray.org>
Felix Wiemann <Fel### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
:    texture
:       {
:       T_Stone25
:       }
:    finish
:       {
:       diffuse 2
:       }

  AFAIK this is actually a layered texture. You are not modifying the first
texture, but you are creating another texture on top of it.
  The effect you describe is strange, though.