POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture + diffuse : Re: texture + diffuse Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:34:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture + diffuse
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 28 Jan 2002 11:02:14
Message: <3c557606@news.povray.org>
> What you are doing is creating another texture layer with the default
> texture used for everything but the diffuse. You want:
> plane {z, 0
>     texture {
>         T_Stone25
>         finish {
>             diffuse 2
>         }
>     }
> }

That doesn't work. It's still only one element with higher diffuse. I
wonder about that, too.

> BTW, it also greatly helps readability if you neatly indent the code,
> indenting inner blocks more than their containing blocks, and it
helps
> avoid this sort of problem later on. You don't necessarily have to do
it
> the way I did it, just be consistent and use *some* indentation.

I've tried so. Let me explain my indent "system":
1 (object or object modifier like union, pigment, plane, ...)
2       {
3       (some code)
4       }
(some code) can contain an object or object modifier.
It's better visible in an editor. I think it's a quite logical system.
But what do you suggest should I change?

Felix Wiemann